Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday

Sunday's are supposed to be a day off, right?
I have done just that. I have taken a day off. Not by request, but by necessity. The issue is that I have a lot to do. Its my fault, so I'm not going to complain, but its hard to do things without any motivation. I don't even have motivation to move. Television is good for this. The lack of water in my living room isn't so good for this.

Do teachers ever get Sundays off? I haven't had a Sunday off in almost two years. One was because I actually worked every Sunday, the next year was because Sundays are for homework. Will lesson plans take up most of my Sundays? Or assessment, marking, planning, research, etc.

I was thinking the other day about camping, and how much I love it. Its really a lot of fun. Its messy, and unorganized, cold and hot at the same time, and you get to start a fire whenever you want. Really though, I enjoy camping, and find it hard to picture myself like my parents, reading books outside in a lawnchair under a tarp in a campsite, sipping wine all day long. Thats a pretty mature vacation. Will I get to do that? Oh riiight, there's no school in the summer! Boo Ya.

Seriously, I think I'm going to have a lot of work. We're all going to have a lot of work. It will likely take the place of homework, hense the "work". Only, we're not getting marked on it, we're getting paid for it, and most of all we are shaping children's learning with it. Right now I fit it in because I have the time. I don't have a full-time job, slowly I'm gaining a family, and I seem to put friends and hobbies on the wayside (Thats another rant, I'll blog about it another day). I should be able to do all of that, and be in a classroom all day, or simply working full-time.

Sundays just might become work-days. I hope everyone is okay with that, but I'll try not to bother anyone with it.

Lost is over, and Desperate Housewives is on. I think I can get something done now.. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment